Naturally, not all of our clients know how to use appropriate marketing tools, and this is normal. But we are always ready to explain how the services we use work, as well as give the necessary explanations why we prefer those tools over others, because this is also important for a more complete understanding of the general principles of their work.
In fact, there are much more questions than those listed above, for example, what specific aspects do we need this or that service, whether to use only one service or use all available ones, which one is better, and so on. In any case, interest and willingness to find answers to your questions are extremely important, and we always welcome this approach.
Here we will talk about Yandex.Metrica and Google Analytics, which are platforms that collect the necessary data about applications and provide you with a detailed report on the information collected. Given that these tools analyze the entire range of the application's work (from traffic spending to information about user behavior), the need for them as irreplaceable assistants for the application owner should never be underestimated, because the information collected with their help makes it easier to understand exactly where to go for development.
Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica are able to track such indicators as website conversion, the number of visits by a user to sources, the number of visits to sites with ads, and, in general, almost any actions performed by users. What is this for? The collected information helps to solve problems such as:
- Refining the functions of your site.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the advertising campaign.
- Analyzing user requests and their attitude to the site.
- Correcting various technical errors.
In fact, this list does not reflect even half of the total number of tasks that analytics systems can solve, because they, in fact, can collect almost any information about the application and its users.
In fact, starting an advertising campaign without using appropriate services is a waste of money, because there is simply no other way to assess the overall usefulness of advertising your product.
In addition, information obtained using Yandex.Metrica or Google Analytics will divide the audience (that is, users of your site) into the following groups:
- Cold — this group, in principle, has a certain interest in the product offered, but does not know about it. In fact, these customers only need a little push to move to the next category.
- Warm — they definitely want to buy a product, but do not have the necessary information about your company. This is the main audience that advertising is aimed at.
- Hot — they are interested in buying and know about your company. It is enough for a person from this category to use the Yandex or Google search engine once.
It all works in approximately the following way: for example, if a person is a car enthusiast, they are given ads with different models, after which they will use the search engine to obtain relevant information, and now it's time to show ads specifically for their needs, for example, a limited offer — this will help encourage potential customers to take action.
How exactly do Google Analytics and Yandex.Metrica work?
These systems operate on similar principles:
- The first thing they do is collect data. After you have installed one or both of them, they begin to analyze user actions and identify the necessary information (which pages users visit most often, what browsers and devices they use, and how they got to your site).
- Then the data is sorted by various parameters.
- Finally, the systems generate reports that are provided to the owner. It should be noted that the information is as detailed as possible, for example, it even allows you to compare the effectiveness of your ads over different time periods.
Is there a difference between Yandex.Metrica and Google Analytics?
In general, these systems work in a similar way, but, of course, there are also enough differences. In a good way, you should install both, this will provide the most detailed and complete information, although there are also situations when it is not possible to install both systems at the same time. In this case, to understand the specific differences, we will take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of each of them, this will help you make a choice based on your requirements.
Advantages and disadvantages of Google Analytics
- The ability to manage the received data and structure it.
- The “real time” mode allows you to monitor the number of users online, as well as what pages they are sitting on, etc.
- Assessment of the benefits received from the advertising campaign, as well as optimizing the distribution of the budget between different channels to increase efficiency.
- The ability to use ready-made reports or summaries for your needs. Or open access to your own similar solutions for sharing with other users.
- Tracking user interactions with any elements of the site. Yandex.Metrica does not currently have such a feature.
- You can select specific groups and sort users by them.
- An inconvenient and cumbersome interface, it will take a lot of time to study it.
- The collection of information about one particular user is limited to 500 actions; recording is disabled when this limit is reached. This aspect makes this system less effective for larger projects.
Advantages and disadvantages of Yandex.Metrica
- The interface is simple and intuitive and easy to understand.
- Webvisor— records users' behavior, how they navigate through tabs, etc. This helps to simplify the usability of the site when necessary.
- Click and link map — shows which site elements and links are used most often, and, if necessary, remove those that no one uses.
- The scrolling map helps you understand where the user keeps their attention.
- It is not possible to collect information about a user's interaction with certain content.
Keep in mind that if your ad campaign is conducted in Yandex and the metrics are analyzed by Google Analytics (or vice versa), various technical errors are likely to occur. To avoid this, use the appropriate service.
As follows from the above, analytics from Yandex is easier and more convenient to use. It provides the most complete statistics about users of your application, which means that you will also receive more complete data on all aspects, with the possibility of more targeted interaction with your customers.